Wednesday, March 23, 2022

The elliptical has made me love cardio

I started my weight loss journey a bit ago (for those of you who are concerned with my first post I’ve upped my calories to 1800 so no worries) and going to the gym daily has been part of that.

Running has never been my friend, mostly due to asthma but now obviously because my weight as well.

Even back when I was in good shape I have never been able to run more than half a mile without stopping, because I did not medicate my asthma in anyway at the time.

This has made me shy away a ton from cardio and the thought of it was dreadful for all my years up until this week.

The elliptical allows me to choose a pace where I can keep my heart rate between 135-155 which is my aerobic training hr and now I can go for 3 miles straight without stopping (this usually takes me just under 40 min)

Bc I could never train cardio running even at a slow jog would raise my heart rate too much, I tried it again recently and I still couldn’t manage even a quarter mile before having to walk due to my weight and an asthma flare up (I was outside).

But now thanks to the elliptical I can train my cardio and progress my way to being able to run one mile as I lose weight and cardio has actually been somewhat meditative for me and has had a really positive impact on my mental and physical health in only a week of doing it every day!

Just for reference: Body weight: 377.6 Height: 6’5 (194cm rougly) Calorie intake before diet: 3000-5000 Calorie intake now: 1800 Workout schedule: 3 miles of elliptical daily and upper body weight lifting every other day

submitted by /u/TheFastestBonk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Us8VHOm

No comments:

Post a Comment