Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Has anyone found intuitive eating resources that also support weight loss?

After many, many years of yoyo dieting, I have landed myself an eating disorder diagnosis. Hurray! In an effort to rid myself if this burden, I have been investigating intuitive eating. For me (and anyone else who experiences emotional turmoil when dieting) I think it might be a game-changing approach. My weight has been stable for a few weeks and I don't feel completely miserable... Plus I have not been binging!!! This is huge for me, folks! I would love to toss every diet book and delete all my calories tracking apps, but there's just one problem. So far, all my intuitive eating resources support health at any size. Unfortunately, I have full blown metabolic syndrome--type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol issues, basically all the stuff they warn you about when telling you to lose weight. Unfortunately I was born with it, so no amount of dieting will fix it. And yet, I must control both my macros and body fat percentage in order to feel reasonably ok. The long term health impacts are horrifying if I don't keep it under control (necrotic feet, anyone?). Health at any size might be true for some, but for my body the ranges are much tighter and I am currently overweight. I'm still hunting for the right supports, but I'm wondering if anyone has resources about intuitive eating that still guide you towards (emotionally healthy) weight loss.

submitted by /u/concernedcoconuts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/awY9HRG

No comments:

Post a Comment