Thursday, March 10, 2022

need some help understanding calories

hello everyone, i have been on a 1400 calorie diet for a few weeks now and haven’t seen much progress though i know it’s really too early anyways. i’m more wondering if this is a good way to lose weight?

i’m 23 y/o, female, currently 154 lbs, 5’3. i spent the first 22 years of my life eating whatever and never gaining a lot of weight. for most of my adult life, i weighed between 120-130 lbs. last year, i got really sick and was on a feeding tube for a month. once they took it out, i couldn’t eat and threw up anytime i ate anything. i lost about 30 lbs, my lowest was 94 lbs. they put me on steroids and i got up to 166 lbs in just a few months due to eating like i used to and not working. i seem to have stopped gaining weight around december and then i had a surgery done around christmas and lost about 7 lbs right after that due to nausea.

anyways, what i’m getting at is should i be eating less than 1400 calories to see more weight loss? it’s been hard since i’ve never really had to worry about this before. i’m pretty used to counting calories now and could take it lower if i need to. my work is kinda active, i usually hit my 10000 step mark at least. my heart rate is above average when resting (100-130 bpm), if that matters.

i just can’t be overweight anymore and it’s making me miserable and i want to make sure i’m not wasting anymore time. any advice is welcome

submitted by /u/notrachelmar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Cfo24Kj

No comments:

Post a Comment