Tuesday, March 29, 2022

How do you handle provided snacks at work? I just unintentionally ate the rest of my calories for the day.

I work in the marketing department of a company. Supervisors or outside vendors like to provide snacks or treats often, and usually it's easy to work around, but today I goofed. Our chief brought in Nothing Bundt Cakes bundtlets, so I looked up the nutrition, grabbed a red velvet bundtlet (310 calories) and figured hey, I'll just have a bit less for dinner and less for my post-workout snack tonight and maybe end the day just a hundred or two over my daily goal NBD.

Well, I took a second look AFTER scarfing down the cake. TWO SERVINGS PER CAKE. FUCK. I just horked down 620 calories in less than 5 minutes. Not only do I feel awful, now I've gone right up to my 1600-calorie daily limit, and it's not even 2 p.m.

I know it's not the end of the world, and I'll still eat a very small dinner and small snack after I lift weights, but it's so frustrating. At 75 pounds down now, I STILL don't feel like I can really regulate what I'm eating while eating it. In other words, it's still hard for me to tell that I've eaten enough, I'm full, I can stop. To counteract this, I try to meticulously plan my food each day. I meal prep lunches on Sunday and make sure it's something fun, filling, ridiculously high protein (TONS of fish lol) and will keep me interested through the week. I plan all my snacks too, and make sure to save 500-600 calories for dinner as it can vary night to night depending on what my wife makes. So to do something like this is especially frustrating.

I started focusing on my health back last June. My weight loss has been going much slower since Christmas because of similar things – treats provided at work, meals that don't go as planned, you name it, and I have been pretty consistently going over my goal each day. And while the overwhelming number of days are still in a deficit, the pounds still seem to be clinging on for dear life. Reaching 250 soon-ish will be a nice benchmark and hopefully give me some energy and strengthened resolve, because it feels like a slog right now.

Ah well. On to a dinner and snack of nearly zero-calorie pickles, then on to a better day tomorrow.

submitted by /u/LandonTheFish
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QuHzBU9

No comments:

Post a Comment