Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Scale and non-scale victories

This may seem small to a lot of people, but it is huge for me and I am so excited to share this. For most of my adult life, I've had difficulty maintaining weight and I kept gaining very suddenly during stressful times. I've also always had some body dysmorphia. In 2020, I went from 145/150ish to 165. On my weight loss journey, I was able to get down to 151, but then I hit a plateau, and the scale wouldn't budge regardless of my efforts. I was already in this obsessive cycle about my weight and size, and the plateau pushed me to the point where I'd be in tears hating my body and comparing myself to others. So I decided to go to therapy for body dysmorphia. It was the best investment I've ever made. The therapist recommended that I eat intuitively and listen to my body, rather than to restrict and eliminate foods. He also told me that my sudden weight gains may be a result of over-restricting in the past and my body trying to reach a comfortable spot. So I followed this advice - ate as my heart desired. With time, I became in tune with my needs, and my excessive cravings for sweets have diminished. I've been able to maintain the same weight for a year and a half with no effort. I exercise when I feel down for it. And a month ago, I finally saw a number I haven't seen for two years - 148. I haven't changed anything significant - I have just been avoiding eating past "not hungry anymore." I would be really pleased if I can lose another 5-10 lbs slowly, so that way my body doesn't go into shock, and I don't have to put much effort in.

I hope this inspires someone with weight struggles - sometimes just being kind to yourself and taking care of your mental health can make all the difference!

submitted by /u/throwaway1928675
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HzkVdy

No comments:

Post a Comment