Monday, March 14, 2022

Just because it's healthy, doesn't mean it is. More description in post!

This is a personal opinion/rant of mine that I would like to share.

I am a believer in good, nutritious foods! Who isn't when trying to lose the extra pounds?

But then I always keep telling my self that just because it's healthy, whole grain, gluten-free, free-free anything...it doesn't cancel out the fact that eating a big portion of it still counts as calories taken in.

This is a big problem of mine when it comes to weight loss. If I buy healthy, whole grain crackers with organic cream cheese as a snack and eat the whole sleeve of crackers and cream cheese in one go, I'll tell myself, "but it's healthy". I have a hard time NOT buying "healthy" ice creams with coconut milk, oat milk or non-dairy milks to curb my sweet tooth if I don't want to be eating apples all the time. Same thing with healthy snacks in general because, like I said, if I see it's healthy, that means I'll eat more of it because its not as bad for me. So I think!

Sure, I believe in having big salads or servings of fruits and vegetables. But, there's also the accoutrements for salads such as (for example) croutons, dressing, and other things added to it. Just because it's a salad, doesn't mean that it's healthy. Chicken may be healthy, and Cesar dressing sounds appealing! But damn, it tastes too amazing :(

Side note : I personally think this can apply to "low fat" "fat free" "reduced fat" "sugar free" items. I saw a documentary once, where it was mentioned that when those phrases are added onto a label, it just means that more sugar, or even just sugar substitutes, have been added. To each their own, but I do my best to stay away from those sorts of foods. But! I understand there are people who can't live without them and I respect it!

Point is : just because its healthy, doesn't mean that its healthy to eat the WHOLE entire thing.

Anywho, if anyone feels the same way I do, just pass on thru. I understand the mantra, "everything in moderation".

submitted by /u/leitedecajeta
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RkSfbFM

No comments:

Post a Comment