Friday, March 25, 2022

Feeling the difference between healthy and unhealthy eating

Since I started my weight loss plan last month I have been trying to make more nutritious food choices too. More cooking at home, more grilled meats and vegetables, less refined carbs and added fats, more water, the usual sort of thing. And while I think this has helped with my satiety I couldn't claim to notice any difference in my physical well-being. Nor did I really expect to notice a difference any time soon.

Yesterday, however, was an off day. I was massively busy and ended up just never getting a chance to have a real meal during the day and pretty much powered through on caffeine and protein shakes. Between that and an evening out ending with a midnight "I'm starving and way under on my calorie budget" meal, I ended up getting probably 75% of my calories from alcohol and fast food. I was still under maintenance for the day, but man did I ever feel the difference this morning. I had to fight myself to do my morning exercises and couldn't even complete the push-up set that I normally breeze through. I didn't bother to try going to the gym as I had originally planned, because I could tell it would just be a bad, sad, demotivating workout.

In a way it's good to have had this educational experience! I have a better idea of what I am getting in return for (mostly) giving up that kind of lifestyle. It's not just the hope of avoiding heart disease or something in the distant future, I am seeing immediate benefits in my strength and energy level and well-being and I want to keep them.

submitted by /u/SunAvatar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/P3pXfhu

No comments:

Post a Comment