Thursday, March 17, 2022

Making the weight loss process exciting with less material incentives?

Current situation: I’ve been on a steady weight loss journey. I don’t have impulses to binge. I have one cheat meal with friends per week. I work out moderately only 3 times week. My self discipline has been pretty good. So far I’ve lost 30lbs since March 2021.

Problem: However now I’m just tired of the process. I have a target weight, but I don’t want to rush the process, because I don’t want this to result into crash dieting. I did the math and I could get there by August 2022 but it just feels like its taking forever. I am losing 3-5lbs a month and don’t want to increase it. I have been consulting a doctor, dietician, and therapist this entire time.

Roadblock: Overall, I’m trying to avoid material incentives / money spending incentives because I had a shopping addiction. I also am trying to avoid spending money In general.

Things I’ve tried (while habit stacking):

  • making mood boards of clothing pieces I want to wear in the summer that I already own, encouraging me to visualize and affirm my future self

  • changing up my workouts and strengthening different parts of my body, which means I need to eat healthy to do so efficiently

  • using vacations with friends as “benchmarks” of my weight loss journey and surround myself with positive, uplifting energy

  • trying different types of green teas, vegetables, fruits, etc. and cooking methods to change up my diet while exploring nutrients

  • resting and taking breaks at night, while listening to a good audio book

And while all of those are somewhat helpful, they’re just not making things exciting. I get bored, frustrated, and lose focus of the process. At this point in my journey, I don’t even know what a worst case scenario looks like, because I don’t have the same impulses as before. How can I make this process as enjoyable as possible?

submitted by /u/computer-wife
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/PyAxz5F

No comments:

Post a Comment