Wednesday, March 23, 2022

When your new high was your old low

I have been taking my weight loss super slow and have lost almost to 10 lbs since January. (5’6F SW 175lbs CW 164lbs). I have been tracking my weight through daily weighing and only looking at weekly averages, which have been nicely trending down in a sustainable way for the first time in my life. I just looked at my weigh-ins for this week and saw that my average is down a pound since last week, which is great.

But more importantly, the highest weight I’ve been for the last couple weeks, the number I’m looking at as my ‘bad moment’ is a number that I was ecstatic to see like 6 weeks before that. Taking a moment to realize that made me recognize that I’m on the right track. I am losing weight without thinking that hard about it, without starving, without depriving myself, and I am making real progress.

I just wanted to post this because the hardest part of weight loss for me has always been the mind games - the joy of success and the devastation of setbacks. If this is you, consider trying the weekly average weight tracking method. It obviously doesn’t make you lose weight, but it has really helped me to not give up after a few bad days. Because all that matters is the average of several days, so if I have a bad one, I can do better tomorrow. Particularly, as a person with monthly hormone fluctuations, I feel like this method allows me to better see my trends regardless of the cycle.

submitted by /u/helixhumour
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dtcG7aJ

No comments:

Post a Comment