Monday, May 9, 2022

90 pounds lighter - 1 year effort!

Hello !

I made a reddit account just to tell my story, in the hopes I would light up the hearts of fellow members who gave up or about to give up... I tell you DON'T!

I started my weight loss journey back in beginning of May 2021, at 300 pounds on the scale. When I went to weigh myself and saw that dreaded number, 300, I felt like I failed at life. I had no friends, no girlfriend for 4 years (not even a date..) and no job. I felt miserable, I was 28 (now 29) and felt like 80, I always told myself that the better half of my life ended when I went into my mid-20s.

At 21 I was diagnosed with severe case of anxiety and depression and I started binge eating. The pills made it harder even... they opened up my appetite. By 23 years old I was obese, I must have eaten two pizzas and fries everyday those two years, it was horrible.

On 3rd of 4th (not sure) May 2021 something clicked in my brain. I had enough of obesity. I was blowing by the time I went a flight of stairs and even showering was taking a toll on me, it became harder to tie my shoes.

So I started counting calories. Disciplined myself, adapted to a new mindset. Felt I was being born again. I was blind but suddenly I felt I had hawk eyes on myself. The weight started getting off quickly at first, then it slowed after a few months, then it suddenly stopped. Searched around on the net and I found out it was normal, and it's called a Plateau. To everyone who is experiencing this, don't worry it's completely normal. In a year I went through them three times. You then start losing weight pretty fast after it ends.

Am now four months with my girlfriend, got a decent job and the wheel is turning for me. I went from 300 pounds to now 209 pounds, still got around 30 more pounds to go. It wasn't easy for me. During this year I felt like giving up countless of times, especially when weight loss stalled.

I still have no friends, it's hard to find 'real' friends nowadays but I thank God everyday for allowing me to meet my girlfriend, who is also my best friend :) And for the awesome job I got.

I had no accountability partners, I was single without even a date or (even a kiss!) from 24 yrs old to 28 years old, I had no professional weight loss help, no dieticians, no nutritionists, no gym memberships.

If I did it you can do it too, definitely.

29 / Male / 5"10

Yours Truly,

Brandon, the 90lb loser.

submitted by /u/Positiveloser93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7vfUy2d

No comments:

Post a Comment