Thursday, August 4, 2022

My journey starts now!

I’m (39F 148 lbs / 4’11” *short-i know) starting my journey to weight loss. Background: Husband (45M) was obese at 290 pounds (5 feet 11 inches). Three years ago, he was diagnosed as being pre-diabetic. He said he wanted to get healthy for our kids. He’s now currently 164 pounds and maintaining it. He just up and did it. Day one. He watched his food intake for 6 months and then after that, started exercising. He joined the gym and everything. He still works out pretty much every day.

I wanted to join him on his weight loss journey too. I only lasted three weeks. I had a very stressful job and just could not keep up with his routine.

This year, I started a new job that’s less stressful, and as a bonus, I work from home 4 days a week. I have to work in my home office for 8 hours but with not having a commute anymore, I can now use that commute time as my walking time.

My husband and I will be empty nesters this Fall so I wanted us to have something that we can do together. I wanted to turn our two car garage / shop into a gym. The husband wholeheartedly agreed and was giddy about searching for different equipment that we can put in our garage. You would have thought I told him that we won the lotto.

Last week, we got our first gym equipment, a treadmill, and it came two days ago.

I used it today. I had no idea what a de-stresser walking was. Today, it showed that I walked 1.41 miles and it took 46 minutes. I know it’s slow but I’m actually proud that I did it. Boy, it was hot! The garage was probably not the most ideal place for a gym but it was the only place big enough to have big gym equipments.

He’s now looking to get a smith machine or whatever that is. I’m just perfectly content with this treadmill.

I am going to try super hard to stay on a routine. I’m finally motivated enough to do this longer than 3 weeks especially since building this home gym will be be such an expensive investment. As a former banker, I hate wasting money. lol!

Pray for me. That little bit of walking made me so sore but I’m determined to take it one day at a time.

submitted by /u/PartyKiwiGirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RBfuNev

No comments:

Post a Comment