Friday, August 5, 2022

Losing the weight made me realize how lonely I was because of it.

Hi there everyone. I’ve been using this sub since I started my weight loss journey on March 18th of this year. So far as of today I went from 285 to 227.6 so about a 57.5 pound loss so far!

I wanted to share my thoughts as maybe it will help motivate somebody to get started or keep at it. I think the biggest change I’ve noticed for myself aside from needing new clothes and feeling healthier physically, was the realization that for the last 6-7 years I was terribly lonely.

Now I’m not saying you need to lose weight or be at a certain weight to find love or a relationship/companionship, but in my case it all stemmed from not being comfortable or happy with myself and the way I looked. I never really gave a thought to being single for so long or not pursuing a woman because deep down I didn’t feel comfortable and wasn’t happy with myself, I lacked the confidence and because of that I didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything or anyone. How could I be with someone when I’m not happy with myself?

Fast forward to present day and just a couple weeks ago I realized how a lot of the being depressed and feeling like I didn’t need any support that way was because of the weight but I never clued in to it at that point. It was like my mind wouldn’t let me believe my weight was what was holding me back from so many things.

Now like many other stories I’ve read on here I don’t feel invisible to women anymore. They are actually interested in talking to me, approaching me first, getting more looks in public etc while it seems a shame to say it’s very true, but most of that goes hand in hand with being more confident in yourself because of losing the weight.

So if your struggling with your self image and worth lose the weight for you and only for you. Reach the weight you want to feel great about yourself and all the other benefits will come along with it! Sorry if this doesn’t make since to some people, I’ve just gotten a lot of inspiration and motivation from reading what other people on their journey have to say and wanted to put back into the community myself. Keep chugging along :)

submitted by /u/onionzoooka
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Vuqa9PR

No comments:

Post a Comment