Monday, June 12, 2023

Any weight loss success while depressed? Anyone?

I’m mainly here to vent but if anyone has helpful suggestions or success stories those are appreciated. I’m 30f and I’ve been treated for mild depression for 5 years. Nothing has helped, at least not with the motivation side of things. I don’t feel like I’m sad or anything, just extremely unmotivated. I sleep way too long, have a terrible sleep schedule, and really struggle with staying on top of normal daily tasks. My house is a disaster. I eat only junk food and way too much of it. I do attempt to eat healthier and count calories but it never lasts more than two weeks, followed by months of overeating and no motivation.

I’m 5’8” and 220 lbs, about 40 of those lbs were gained in the last few years. I mention my weight to my doctor and she doesn’t seem to want me to focus on weight loss. She says I probably won’t have much luck with dieting and losing weight without improving my mental health first. Which I do agree with because that has proven true for me but it’s SO frustrating! I think my mental health would vastly improve if I lost weight, yet I can’t lose weight until my mental health improves??! I’m not even basing that off what my doctor said, I’m basing it off the fact that I literally cannot stick to ANYTHING, health related or otherwise, because of my depression. I have read every book out there for forming better habits and NOTHING sticks. I’m on my fifth antidepressant and I’m not noticing any changes with energy and motivation.

Anyone else like me with stubborn depression? Have you had success with weight loss WHILE depressed? If so what has helped you. I’m just so frustrated that my weight keeps climbing and makes me even more depressed! How do I reverse this terrible cycle?

submitted by /u/Jazzlike-Union8129
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/brxoiPT

No comments:

Post a Comment