Friday, June 16, 2023

Please Help Me Stay Motivated!

Back in early March of this year I had viral encephalitis and ended up in a coma for 4 days. Previous to this, I had been working out regularly and was seeing progress with weight loss.

After my time in the hospital I’d gained back all the weight and then some and lost a lot the muscle gains I’d made.

Since then I have completely upended my diet switching to a protein-heavy diet (140+ grams per day, no red meat) and exercise 5 days a week (2 strength, 3 bike). I typically have a 400-500 calorie deficit on any given day. This is in addition to walking 10K steps a day, sleeping 8 hours a night, drinking lots of water and avoiding alcohol.

Despite my A1C score being the lowest ever since I’ve tested it, I cannot lose weight. I am literally the exact same weight I was when I got out of the hospital. My body shape has changed a little and clothes fit “better” than they did in March but it’s not like they’re falling off of me. It’s frustrating to not see those numbers change.

Just looking for some encouragement or motivation to keep me going. Thank you!

submitted by /u/beersandabook
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/0G8VtPu

No comments:

Post a Comment