Sunday, June 18, 2023

How much can I reasonably lose in one year given I have a median caloric deficit?

I'm in no rush to lose all the weight I've gained over the years. I'm 31, inactive, sedentary, a former athlete, and injured, but I believe that eating right and trying the right activities can get me to lead a healthy and balanced lifestyle where I don't backslide as often, and I opt for the most optimal solution for myself.

I managed to lose about 70 pounds last year by just dieting. I was kinda strict about it, going at 2000 calories on days when I would track my meals, and having little to no junk food. I believe my ability to stick to what my dieting coaches told me to eat led to better weight loss adherence, but this year, I gained about 40 pounds back after introducing junk food into my diet regime and binging a lot. I won't go into binging details for the sake of focusing on more important details.

But anyway, if I had stuck to a diet where I was 20/80 and more flexible with junk food, do you think I would have been able to lose more weight over time? I hit a plateau in the summer at 276 pounds, and I wasn't able to lose anymore no matter how many small adjustments I made. I figure it was a "physical activity" plateau, or maybe it had to do with a caloric deficit losing its efficacy over time, but simply put I was at the same weight and the scale wasn't changing. Maybe my waist was, and I do need to start looking at things like body mass and waist size maybe, but the scale read the same number time and time again.

Any help is appreciated. I am 31, male, 5' 11", 325 pounds. Sedentary on most days but lightly active on some.

submitted by /u/EducationalWay7175
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/F017NKR

No comments:

Post a Comment