Wednesday, June 14, 2023

I tend to gain weight in the winter

Hi all

Last night I looked at my graph in my app and inputted my weight logs from another app from 2021.

I found an interesting pattern:

I'm 5'2F GW 60kg. In January for 2021 I was 80kg, lost weight with Noom until ca October to 71kg (a month after my wedding and honeymoon). I then gained weight unsure at what pace but in April 2022 I was back up to 77kg. I maintained a lower weight of 75/6kg in the summer months until October, but by January 2023 back up to 80kg, when I started this bout of weight loss.

I didn't realise I am a yo-yo dieter but this is proof. This winter (from October since that seems to be my giving up point), I am going to focus on remaining weighing myself at least once every two weeks and maintaining the weight I lose over the summer.

Anyone also have the same experience? I am kinda shook that for each of the last two winters I gained like 5kg over the winter (eek). Is that normal?

Extra rant: Though I've yo-yo'd, I think I have progressed mental wise. I found Noom really difficult as back then the most calories it would give me for the slow progress option was like 1250 calories (the fastest was 1200) and had that traffic light system. I had no energy and got very obsessed with the scale and calorie limit. This time, I eat 1500-1600 calories and am also a lot more active than I was on Noom, which is good for my general physical health.

submitted by /u/forestfaey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SAOuTs3

No comments:

Post a Comment