Monday, June 26, 2023

Please help me understand TDEE numbers

Hi,

Why does a TDEE give me different calories for weight loss depending on my different weight?

Just to preface: I understand that eating more = gaining weight. That's not what I don't understand. What I don't understand is why the number for weight loss is different for two different body weights?

So here's my stats:

27 F 172 cm 139 kg

Into a TDEE calculator it says: Mild weight loss: 2,253 Weight loss: 2,103 Extreme weight loss: 1,603

Now, when I keep it all the same but I change my weight from 139kg to 116kg I get:

Mild weight loss: 2,077 Weight loss: 1,827 Extreme weight loss: 1,327

Now, I currently eat at 1,827 calories a day (I'm still at 139kg body weight). When I eat at 2,103 then it maintains my weight but I don't lose weight even though according to the TDEE calculator's and app's that's how much I should be eating to lose weight at my current, heavier body weight.

Please note I chose "sedentary: little or no exercise" for both options.

Apologies if my question seems obvious or stupid. I've been eating at 2,103 calories for the last 5 months and I've only maintained, not lost anything scale-wise. I have gained muscle and lost some centimetres (23 -is) but the scale number hasn't dropped.

However before COVID I was loosing weight and I was 116kg back then. When I ate at around 1800 the weight made a decent move of about 1 - 2kg a month and I got down to 105kg.

Thanks for any help in advance 😸

submitted by /u/L014-L0V3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/J5xXIu6

No comments:

Post a Comment