Sunday, June 11, 2023

Is anyone else more critical of themselves post weight loss?

I’m not done yet, but I’m down 70+lbs and at a more socially acceptable size for a 5’10” F. But now that I’m here, I’m feeling hyper-critical of other things that never bothered me before like my nose, my fine lines, my thin, short hair.

I think I was sold the idea that “I was pretty for a fat girl” but that doesn’t translate to being pretty as a “thin” girl (not that I’m thin yet, but I’m closer than ever before).

Now I feel like I’m just below average looking, and I’m thinking about what else I can do to improve my appearance. I’ve been really thinking about things like Botox and tape-in hair extensions.

Or, maybe, my brain won’t let me be happy with my appearance. Maybe being fat was the obvious “flaw” I could focus on for the last 20 years and if that’s gone, I need to find other flaws to obsess over.

Anyway, I’m just feeling a bit deflated and wanted to see if anyone out there could offer some insight or could relate.

submitted by /u/Penelope-loves-Helix
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/flNtY7V

No comments:

Post a Comment