Monday, June 5, 2023

Should i wait until after im done having kids to get loose skin removed?

Should I wait until after I'm done having kids to get my loose skin removed (from weight loss)?

(I'm a Female and 5’1 if that’s relevant)

I’ve been on a weight loss journey since 2019. (Technically, I’ve been trying to lose weight my whole life, but 2019 is when it really took off.) At that point, I was probably over 230, I couldn’t tell you, because I did not check the scale that much. Right now, I fluctuate between 165 and 162.

I have two goals, my first goal is to be 150 pounds, and my second goal is to lose 5 inches off my waist (currently 32”). Then, from there, I want to take a look at myself and see how I feel and what I look like to decide whether I want to continue losing weight or not. I always wanted to be 125, but the more weight I lose the more I don’t know if I’m ready to accept what that’ll do to my body ( my breasts will be nothing but skin 🥲).

However, I have a bit of a dilemma. I definitely plan on getting my loose skin removed. The dilemma is, I’m getting married very soon. We’ll probably have no more than five kids. Everyone always says you should wait until after you’re done having children to get procedures like this.

The thing is, I don’t want to wait. I am 27 and my dream body is an arm length away. I hate the idea of having to wait years until I’m finally able to be the version of myself I’ve always envisioned. I knew I would have loose skin on my weight loss journey. However, even though I lost weight, and I’m not as big as I once was, I still feel like I’ve never not been fat. Does that make sense? There are so many cute outfits I would love to wear that I can't because I don’t feel comfortable because the loose skin just takes over everything.

I have a couple question: The first one being what should I do? Or what would you do? Should I wait until I’m done with having kids to get my loose skin removed? Or should I just do it now? Also, should I wait until I am at my goal weight to get this surgery done? or no?

I can’t imagine a world where I’m not losing weight. But I also don’t want to get all my loose skin removed, just to lose more weight, and end up with more loose skin.

submitted by /u/Virtual_Stretch_3002
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/lPbZT4e

No comments:

Post a Comment