Thursday, June 29, 2023

Slow and Steady Wins

5’8” Female - SW: 167 - GW: 130 - CW: 149

Hi everyone! I’m in the boat of not being technically overweight, but not happy with my weight and wanting to get more fit.

I started my weight loss in February. That first month was a whirlwind - upping my exercise and cutting back sugar had me drop 9 pounds.

I made my calorie deficit less severe in March, feeling Feb pace was not sustainable. Lost 6 pounds.

I basically took April and May off. No counting calories, no extra effort into exercising, nothing. I ate Ben & Jerry’s ffs. But I know made smarter decisions just by habit. I was naturally more active because I had been more active recently. And I ended up losing 2 pounds.

Now that I’m back on the wagon for June, I’m taking it easy like March but being more conscious of my diet. I’ve finally hit the 140s, which I haven’t been in for a long time, and it’s super motivating!

I guess the point is you can take breaks, have the ice cream, enjoy life, and still stay in a general downward trend as long as the majority of your food decisions are good. The best part is it doesn’t feel like a constant exhausting slog - just a nice stroll. Good luck out there!

submitted by /u/curistorian
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZuvDcmr

No comments:

Post a Comment