Thursday, June 15, 2023

Weve Got This

I started my weight loss journey in 2020, pre-pandemic, like so many of the rest of us. I had a BMI of 46. I lost 25 pounds before the lockdown started and then gained it all back. In December 2021 I started my journey again by joining a specialty gym and then incorporated CICO. I’ve had my setbacks. I stopped exercising for a few months, stopped counting calories, etc. you all know the excuses and things I’ll spare telling you. Those excuses ended once I was honest with myself about how unhappy I was and a terrible crying meltdown. I got back to the gym last December and have made it a priority. I do my best to CICO and make good food choices. I try and limit alcohol. Some days I succeed and some I fail, even with my best plans and intentions, I’m still human. I’m currently down 56 pounds and weighed in with a BMI of 35.0 this morning. I know there’s a lot of opinions on BMI and I don’t think that it’s completely accurate for my body type, but there’s no denying that I was unhealthy and obese prior to making these changes. Getting to under this level feels like some kind of “medical” milestone and I’m using this for celebration of the journey and continuing motivation to just do better.

Just for reference, I am a 42 F at 5’3 with a starting weight of 256 lbs. and current 197 lbs.

You’ve motivated me when I was losing hope and you’ve reality checked my expectations. I am in the thick of this journey with a lot of the rest of you. We are all in this together and I’m rooting for you.

submitted by /u/mila52963
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bfTcL80

No comments:

Post a Comment