Sunday, June 25, 2023

Weight gain was a blessing. Now I can lose it with confidence.

I know this sub usually talks about the advantages and disadvantages that come with weight loss, but I wanted to talk about my experience which has been slightly different.

During my twenties I oscillated between 58-60 kgs at 5'8" and I was fit and toned. People always commented on my body because I enjoyed eating and drinking like a normal person. (No ED and I never binged either but I did eat/ drink whatever I wanted to eat/drink).

Then life happened and things happened. I stopped moving as much as I used to and made takeout my staple. I gained 15 kgs and I hated what I saw in the mirror.

From a Spanish XS I moved onto an L-M. I put my dating life on hold because if I don't love myself I can't expect it from another person.

The cycle carried on for 2-3 years. I didn't like what I saw, but I wasn't ready to do anything about it either.

Then something changed this year. I suddenly accepted myself. I went to the spa and stripped naked in the locker room without feeling shy, I didn't feel any shame when I went to get a massage and was assigned a male masseur. I just didn't care. I was okay with how I looked.

This is something I was never okay with. I know the world saw me as smoking hot (r/mildbrag) but I was just always shy in regards to my body. I never felt comfortable at the beach or at the pool where I felt exposed and felt like all my self made up flaws were on display.

It's simply put liberating. I have lost 9 kgs so far and have 6 kgs to go to get back to my 20's weight but this time I'm actually loving my body. I'm looking forward to wearing the clothes I loved to wear vs the clothes I was wearing to hide my bulges.

I know it sounds insane. I absolutely am NOT saying that I enjoyed my weight gain but I have found a silver lining. Also, I know compared to others my stats and weight gain may seem inconsequential but regardless we all have our own journey and our own stories.

I hope this post helps someone find a silver lining, especially when they need a boost to carry on.

submitted by /u/Greedy_Information96
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/acV0FJS

No comments:

Post a Comment