Monday, June 12, 2023

So frustrated with minimal weight loss after months

Months ago, I started working with a bariatric doctor. I started logging everything, working with both a dietician and nutritionist, and talking to the doctor once a week, covered by the Canadian health care system.

At my starting weight, my minimal maintenance calories were like 2500-2700. Gradually (with medical supervision and direction), I lowered calories per day, only 100 at a time. One week, 2200, maybe next week 2100 per day. And now at 1700 per day. And obviously not all calories are equal, so I track and manage macros to get balanced nutrition.

I also returned to the gym, and have gradually increased exercise.

The result? Almost nothing. I lost 5-7 pounds in the first month, and then it slowed and slowed, and now it’s gradually creeping up. At 1700 calories per day.

The doctor did a 3-month evaluation, and said it was kind of odd how little I’ve lost, and ninety-some percent of patients lose much more. 🤷‍♂️🙃

He’s started me on Saxenda to see if that makes a difference.

I’m not looking for magic solutions, but it would be nice to hear if anyone else has had frustratingly near-zero results no matter the change in diet, nutrition, or calorie intake.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/MewMewCatDaddy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/YKIzHCM

No comments:

Post a Comment