Sunday, June 18, 2023

How much weight loss does it take it affect your period?

So I’m having a mental breakdown here over this. I feel stupid, but I think it plays into my fear of now being 30 and feeling like everything is over.

Anyway, I still technically have a little more than a week until my period is due to start. However, tonight I noticed some light spotting. It could just be spotting; however, my periods usually start out pretty light so I’m freaking out that it’s a very early period.

I know that weight loss can affect periods, but I don’t feel like I’ve been losing that rapidly—maybe half a lb to a lb a week. Is that really enough to affect it? I suppose my number of calories could be doing it: I try to stick to around 1600, but that seems normal for someone my height and my activity level. I did skip a period once when I was in college and losing weight, but I assumed that had more to do with stress from exams than the weight loss. I don’t know, I’m just upset over this.

I am probably going to see a gynecologist regardless because I have a lot questions/concerns regarding my reproductive future and weight loss affecting it and whatnot. But I’m just in tears over this tonight worried I’m already menopausal and idk it’s upsetting me.

submitted by /u/HummingbirdsAllegory
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/DIZVKiU

No comments:

Post a Comment