Sunday, June 18, 2023

I backslid and recovered

Went from 298->235 the past six months. I started out just worrying about calories and then building healthier habits slowly. The past two months I saw a big drop in my blood pressure and heart rate. I started planning every meal I eat. I have the habit of choosing the most convienant thing in the moment which is usually unhealthy. It's helped a lot to not have any excuses and my diet had been very clean.

I am dealing with a loss right now and it's brought out the worst in me. I was drinking, gambling and eating fast food for 5 days straight. It just made everything worse and made me feel like a failure. When I fail it gets easy to continue failing. I have never lost this amount of weight or been this consistent with weight loss my whole life. I have a long way to go but thinking about how far I have gotten helped me stop snowballing. I always go off the deep end once I cheat and feel like I blew it. You can start to believe it's not possible to lose weight sometimes. Well after 12 years of failing over and over I'm figuring out what works for me.

submitted by /u/OlWizardTower
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/XmRLeJ9

No comments:

Post a Comment