Saturday, June 24, 2023

Losing weight and realizing how much of life I've missed out on has really got me shaken up. Especially when it comes to missed romantic opportunities up until this point.

I have always been super fat, my whole life. But that never stopped me from having friends or going out to bars, I've always been extraverted. But a health scare last year changed everything. I just turned 30 years old, I'm a 6'2" male, and for the first time in my life I'm losing weight seriously. There's no signs of stopping. On June 29th of last year, I weighed 369 pounds - as of today I weigh 269 pounds. I've lost 100 pounds and due to the health situation, my life depends on me continuing the weight loss, so there will be no stopping. I will almost certainly be a normal weight within the next few months of my life.

Even though I was always this extraverted guy, losing weight has made me realize how much of life I was still missing out on and it has really bummed me out unexpectedly. Weight loss is supposed to be such a great thing, but people are starting to treat me differently, especially the opposite sex - and it's really affecting me emotionally. I get more respect at work, I get more respect out in public, I catch women staring at me, women come up and talk to me, women hold eye contact with me when I speak to them, sometimes for so long it weirds me out. I'm still a "fat" dude at 269lbs so I can't imagine what things will be like when I'm between 190-210lbs like my doctor said he wants me to be.

I just turned 30 and I have no experience with any of this. How much further in life could I have been by now had I lost this weight 5 years ago, or ten years ago? How many promotions, job opportunities, social events and romantic possibilities have I missed out on? And what do I do now? I don't know how to be in a relationship, I've never done anything in that regard. I don't even know how to lead a conference call at work but all the sudden here I am, all the sudden being called a go-getter and being given much more roles and responsibilities.

It's so very strange, and so very new. I will be setting up a dating profile, because I've realized I 100% want a relationship, but man what a scary thing to be exploring at 30 years old.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day.

submitted by /u/comboking
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/iTdX8yP

No comments:

Post a Comment