Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Not losing weight despite exercice and caloric deficit?

I'm a 30 year old woman. I will use both the metric and imperial system in this post.

Back in October I weighed 121 kg (266 pounds), now, I'm 97.4 kg (214 pounds). For reference I'm 167 cm (approximately 5 6 according to dear old Google)

I used to walk for the first few months for at least 7 km (4.35 miles). That got boring and the weather got hotter so, I opted for a stationary bike at home. I started with half an hour at maximum tension and now I for 50 minutes daily. According to the bike's system, I should be burning at least 500 calories. They are calculating that based on an 80 kg 5 6 person, so I assume that I should be burning more. I consume 1800 calories a day and try to favour protein and veggies in my diet.

Having said all that, sometimes it takes me 2 weeks to see a 300g (0.6 pounds) weight loss.

My friend tried to reassure me that I must be building muscles and the scale can't reflect that but I'm very skeptical because I assume that people who bike build muscles thanks to other exercice and using weights on top of biking, none of which I do. I just use the stationary bike.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I wanted to ask if anyone can suggest something to improve my current situation. Right now, it feels like I'm doing more but losing less and it's not very encouraging when I want to lose at least 20 more kg (44 pounds).

Thank you everyone.

submitted by /u/akera001
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/zu28Dri

No comments:

Post a Comment