Thursday, June 29, 2023

Negative side effects of calorie deficit?

Am I too hungry? How do other people feel when they’re in a calorie deficit?

These are the questions I find myself asking all the time, and I can’t get a clear answer on.

I’m finally working on losing covid weight this year, and for the first few months I was pretty loosey-goosey with calories, with varying levels of success. About 4 months in, my weight loss stalled, and so for the month of June I decided to get really strict about the whole thing. As a female at 5’10, 193lbs, and moderately(ish) active, I’ve been eating an average of 1800 calories a day, and I’ve lost just under pound a week over these last 4 weeks. If that data is telling me anything, that means I am only in a ~500 calorie deficit, which should be relatively easy on my body. Thing is, it feels really, really bad.

I am constantly exhausted, I am so foggy/spacey I can barely think, I’m always cold, anxiety is through the roof, and I’ve recently developed headaches that last most of the afternoon. In the beginning I was also experiencing some pretty gnarly hunger and insomnia, but those have basically gone away now. I’ve never heard of someone on such a minimal deficit having such problems.

I’m just wondering if maybe some people’s bodies are just predisposed to being over-reactive to calorie deficits, and I’d like to get some insight about what other people experience while in a calorie deficit, and if it’s easier/the same as/harder than what I’ve been experiencing myself.

Also any tips (that aren’t caffeine related) would be helpful because I’m dying out here.

submitted by /u/inevitably317537
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kaGOlxF

No comments:

Post a Comment