Friday, June 23, 2023

How to start over again?

Hi everyone! Looking for advice on how to restart a weight loss journey after gaining a lot of weight back.

During the pandemic I managed to change my eating habits (mostly because I couldn't go anywhere and finally had the time and energy to cook -- I started making healthy meals and everything from scratch). I started running. I lost weight rapidly and got from about 217 to 156 pounds. Then I returned to grad school and started an incredibly stressful job, and I started steadily gaining weight. Now I am around 199 pounds and for some reason I can't get myself back on the horse.

My biggest weakness is takeout food -- eating a lot of fatty and or sugary food became one of my main coping mechanisms during the worst of my stress. A lot of times I just didn't have energy to cook. I think this has now become a deeply ingrained habit that is really hard to break. I have left my shitty and stressful job and finished grad school, so in theory I have more energy than I used to (although I still feel a lot of residual exhaustion from a really tough couple of years).

Does anyone have any advice for how to start again? I know the how of losing weight but for whatever reason I can't get myself to commit to eating better. Thanks in advance for any advice!

submitted by /u/raerae431
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ZWCOpR8

No comments:

Post a Comment