Tuesday, June 20, 2023

My weight loss process :) first post :)

hello everyone, my name is Melissa, I'm Brazilian, I'm 23 years old (my birthday was on the 16th \o/) and I made this profile on reddit just to share and read others experiences about weight loss. I started my journey on January 14th of this year, after looking at some photos taken in college and not recognizing myself because of my excess weight. I weighed 220 lbs and I had never been this heavy. Suddenly I could see that I needed to change my habits. I just didn't eat anything healthy, fruits, salads and low fat foods. My diet was basically composed of a lot of sweets (a lot, I ate a cake and a whole pot of ice cream in just one day) and fried foods. Since starting this journey, I've lost 23 pounds, a little less than 5 pounds a month. My clothing size has dropped by about 3 sizes. My biggest enemy in this challenge and in everyone I propose to take is depression and especially anxiety, since I often don't have the patience to see the changes happen. My biggest weakness is exercising regularly, I try to do 5 hours a week, but it's always a challenge because I don't like to move and I would like to be able to lie down playing games all the time. Another big challenge for me is sugar, I love chocolate, desserts, everything very sweet. I always let myself eat something sweet at the weekend, but I often end up eating a lot more than I should. Today, I know it's not correct, but I adopt the strategy of having a bigger caloric deficit during the week to be able to exaggerate more on the weekends, I know it's not the healthiest, but it's what's working physically and mentally right now. I want and I know that I will finally be able to acquire a really balanced diet, every day of the week, every week. Oh, if I could choose one wish, I would wish to slim my waist. I already lost 23 pounds but my waist still in 35 inches. I know this is part of my body type but I would like to have a smaller waist. I know that I will have it, I just need to stay consistent.

Anyway, that's a little bit of my story and I'll be happy to talk to anyone who is also in the process of losing weight.

submitted by /u/meeeown
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QDiTfpH

No comments:

Post a Comment