Thursday, June 22, 2023

What do you tell yourself to help you cope with the difficult life changes needed to lose weight?

I got to thinking about this because my blood sugar is too high and my doctor told me to limit my carbs. I'm in a bit of a funk over it because I love carbs.

However, I realized that with weight loss we also have to make big life changes that at first seem no fun. Reducing sweets, drinking more water, getting more movement, restricting comfort foods like pizza or fries, etc. I did all of those and at first they seemed impossible, but now they're just another fact of my life.

So I'm trying to use my weight loss mindset to help me confront reducing carbs. For instance, telling myself that I still can have them, just not all the carbs all the time (ie maybe having half a dessert instead of a full dessert). I'm also reminding myself that I'm excited about the end goal (a healthier body) and that's what I'm making these changes for.

What mindset has helped you make the difficult changes needed to lose weight?

submitted by /u/growol
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/U4xtgnh

No comments:

Post a Comment