Sunday, June 11, 2023

I hate the "Health = Happiness" mindset that comes with weight loss

Just earlier I saw a comment that said "you can never be happy if you're unhealthy" relating to weight loss and body positivity.

Plenty of us suffer from chronic illnesses and disabilities. Many more will eventually see their bodies decline with age. It's such a short sighted, simplistic way of seeing health. Not everyone can achieve peak fitness or the body of their dreams.

I've had some not-so-great health news, so this hits me especially hard lately. I'm worried and struggling to accept my new reality. I know that even doing everything I can to be fit and at a healthy weight, I will never have the body I want, because some things can't be avoided or healed by living healthy. Some things are just out of our control, and that hurts. And being told that happiness is out of my reach because of that is just so demotivating.

Nothing is permanent, anything can be lost. We should enjoy our bodies when we have them, give them the best chance to thrive, but if we pin all our happiness on them, we might be in for a bad surprise. I certainly was.

submitted by /u/EpitaFelis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Bfv9dV6

No comments:

Post a Comment