Thursday, June 15, 2023

Tips from someone who has lost 70lbs

I want to preface this with the fact I am taking mounjaro 2.5 to help my insulin resistance (I have PCOS) but that’s all. Also if you think drugs are the easy way out, I would like you to apologize to the 2 pairs of yoga pants that I shart myself in on the drive home where there was no where to stop. (Perks of mounjaro combined with living in a rural farm town)

  1. High protein. My personal goal is 1lb of protein per lb of goal body weight, so 140g protein for 140lb goal weight. I typically average 170g per day though. Protein will help your overall body composition as well as it digest slower so you stay fuller longer. I eat the same meals pretty much every day, only rotating dinner daily, but I also have sensory issues so this is 100% ok for me. Fairlife protein shakes are the best, hands down. But outside of that, all of my protein comes from real sources, not whey or other processed items.
  2. Don’t cut out carbs. Carbs are so important, they burn as quick fuel and are a great tasting. Potatoes are a fav in my house because you can eat a lot of potato for the calories. I eat a quick a quick simple carb 30 min before a workout and feel like I hit it so much harder with it. I also run a soft pretzel food truck and have been able to lose this much, so I think that’s a huge feat.
  3. Zero sugar soda. This is super controversial but the studies show that it does help with weight loss and those drinking it saw better weight loss and more weight loss retention in the long term. Personally my favorite zero sugar are the A and W and Dr Pepper, but my all time favorites are the Barq’s and Mr pibb, I just cannot find those in my area- so I’m SOL.
  4. Move more. Find something you enjoy and move a little bit more every day. I hate cardio, but my toddler loves walks. So I push her in the stroller and we go for short walks. I try to jog a bit too and she loves that. But for me, heavy weight lifting is my passion. So, that’s what I do 4x per week. I also love weight lifting because you build muscle which ups how many calories you burn and therefore ups your TDEE, meaning you can eat more and still be in a deficit.
  5. Weigh yourself daily but don’t fret daily. This is weird, I’m aware. But I think daily weigh ins are a great way to track progress and not freak out. If you only weigh yourself 1x per week, but the day you weigh yourself the following week you have water retention or are going to start your period or whatever else, so you weigh in heavier, you will feel defeated. A daily weigh in helps track the overall trends. My renpho scale was super cheap ($30?) on Amazon and it is Bluetooth so it tracks everything.
  6. PICTURES. Take naked progress pictures. You will see sooo many changes you never even thought of when you do this. (There is a way to hide images from your typical camera roll on iPhone, so not anyone can see them if they glance at camera roll)
  7. Measure. This is also key, the scale is not the end all be all, so measuring core pieces of you (neck, waist, hips) will be huge indicators of success as well.
  8. Keep “big clothes”. If you are anything like me, the moment something doesn’t fit, out it goes! Because it feels SO good, but if you keep them and try them on later, that feels even better. I have a pair of size 18 jeans that were starting to get a bit tight before I started losing weight. I now try them on monthly just to see how far I’ve come.

If you have any questions or would like guidance, I would be happy to help however I can!

submitted by /u/weakveins
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WDOexNP

No comments:

Post a Comment