Sunday, June 25, 2023

Stuck despite working out and following CICO: desperately seeking advice.

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to see if anybody had any words of wisdom for someone who’s at their wits end. I’m 27(F), and I’ve been on the cycle of losing and gaining weight for the majority of my life. My highest was 238lbs at 5’4”, and I lost around ~60lbs and gained it back over the years unfortunately.

I started my journey again around 3 months ago when I weighed myself to see I was at the 214lbs ish mark, after a terrible start to the year had me in a funk for months. But I’m having major problems now.

To give some context, I’m following CICO, and I’m doing strength training (45mins) alongside ending with cardio (around 15 to 20 mins) at the gym around 3 times a week minimum. This is on top of walking my dog for half an hour a day, averaging around 7000 steps. I’ve also massively upped my water intake.

I’m down to 198lbs, but the struggle has been insane.

I’m plateauing regularly, unrelated to my cycle (I’ve seen people mention here before! I’ve scoured this sub for advice), and originally I set my calorie intake to 1500, eating more protein. I was stuck at the same weight for almost three weeks before I dropped a pound, and my mental was and still is truly beginning to fail.

I dropped my calories to 1300, still managing to eat protein and it seemed to budge, but then halt again. The only thing I can think of is dropping again, but it seems impossible!

At 1300 I’m exhausted. Going to the gym has become harder since I dropped to it, I’m tired, my skin is breaking out and drying, and I don’t think it’s healthy. But when I went back up to 1500 this week, I gained? I weigh my foods, track every single thing on my fitness pal, and I’m at a loss.

And I’m fairly sure I’m not breaking the laws of thermodynamics or weight loss here. Can anyone spot any faults in what I’m doing because I’m baffled? I’m almost on the verge of seeing my GP for it.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Taloolah1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xJVNjYX

No comments:

Post a Comment