Friday, June 16, 2023

Anybody have an abdominoplasty and booblift after weight loss?

So I used to weigh 83 kg at my highest. I weighed 47 kg at my lowest. Right now I weigh 60 kg with a goal weight of 55 or below. I have a lot of loose skin, that I already gave 4 years to bounce back. It didn't. I really want to do the surgery, but i want to keep my expectations realistic. I plan to lose some weight and have my surgery in december. I am 28 turning 29 this summer and I feel I should do it now. I don't have kids or a partner, so the only person I have to worry about is me. I think it's a good time to be selfish and do it now so that I can reap the benefits for a long time. I have also been able to keep my weight between 63 and 48 kg for the last 4 years. Mostly been around 56/55 for that time. So while I did have some changes, I never went up to 83 again and have always had loose skin even at my highest of 63. I already visited a doctor and he discussed what was possible for me.

Some things I worry about:

  1. The scars, I know they will be pretty big and probably take some time to heal.
  2. The price (it's not cheap): I already visited a few doctors and know which one I would go to if I decide to do it, it would be 7500 euros (but probably without all the aftercare products. (I would either have to loan money, open up an account that I have put into stock or borrow from my parents - leaning to the last one as that is the cheapest way to loan.)
  3. The results, I know I won't all of a sudden have the perfect body, but I will maybe shake a little less? I have a lot of loose skin around my lower abdomen and my boobs which makes sense as that's where I was the biggest and lost the most weight. I don't want to go through all of this and be disappointed I did it. But I know I have no way of knowing the future.
  4. The actual surgery, I have never had surgery or been sedated. I am a little scared something might happen, I know realistically changes are low, but it is a surgery purely for esthetic reasons (maybe somewhat for my mental health, but I probably could get used to it).

I have struggled with this plan for about 3,5 years now. Last year I decided I would do it, but then I went abroad for an internship and finding it job was more important when I came back. But the idea has never left my mind. I think the fact that I keep coming back to it, without any actual reason to (nobody talks about it or focuses on it). I won't lie I sometimes think it's part of the reason I haven't found a partner yet, but I know that could have many reasons. None of my almost relationships have ever said anything about my body being ugly, but I guess in my mind it might be a contributing factor.

The biggest reason I want to do it, is because I worked very hard to loose weight. It was a by-product of depression and mental health struggles and I feel I can reward myself after all the hard work by finally getting rid of the last remnants of that old me. Besides that I feel like I never had a young body, it looks jiggly in all the wrong places and I have gotten to an immensly low bodyfat percentage and it was still like that.

I am wondering if anybody can tell me about their own experiences: good or bad?

BTW: I am 156 cm, so 83 was a very high weight for me and it did stretch my skin a lot!

submitted by /u/DowntownReading9371
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/psLG9mJ

No comments:

Post a Comment