Tuesday, June 6, 2023

I don't believe weight loss is possible for me (long history of weight struggles)

This is the story. I have battled my weight my entire life. Since the age of 4 I was already 66 pounds and ''gaining easily''. The family doctor I had at the time told my Mother to out me on a diet. My weight was doing okay as I was only very mildly chubby but in sports (soccer) between the ages of 9 to 14. But seemingly overnight my weight ballooned to 180 pounds by 15. I ate junk food at this time but so did the majority of my friends and they had no issue with their weight.

To attempt to stop further gain I resorted to unhealthy means and began starving myself, vomiting, taking diet pills and using laxatives... this reduced by weight to 150 pounds by 19. At 5'7 that was a normal weight. Not a glamorous weight but I was no longer in double sizes and felt like everyone else. This lasted for about two years until I ended up in the ER for heart palpitations from the body abuse to maintain that weight. The doctor became concerned and told me I had to change my lifestyle. I did and began to eat healthy food exercise and stopped the dietary abuse. But... by the end of the year of ''healthy living'' I had put on 7 pounds. I thought no big deal.

But sadly the 7-10 pounds weight gained continued every year despite the embrace of health. By 26 I was 180 pounds again and by 30 I was 200!

I am now 33 and 215 pounds. I've been stuck at this exact weight for months. I exercise frequently, I eat low carb, I only have 1,400 calories. The majority of what I eat is plant based. But sadly for me the scale is not moving. It's been 7 months of being 215 pounds now. I tried ozempic last year but it didn't work. Doctors don't really know how to help. I do have a rarer manifestation of PCOS but I know several people who have PCOS who lost weight with ozempic.

I'm thinking I have some genetic based issues as well that cause easy fat storage. I don't believe weight loss is possible.

submitted by /u/softpitta
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xP2UX8H

No comments:

Post a Comment