Tuesday, June 6, 2023

I am a recovering addict who would really appreciate some advice on where to start in weight loss

Hello I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this post I will take it down if that is the case!

I am a 23 year old female, 5'7 and currently 196 pounds. I was addicted to opiates as a teenager and other narcotics (I don't know if it is appropriate to specify) as I began my twenties. I have been clean from opiates for about 4 years now but the rest I only have a year sober.

After getting clean I started using food and alcohol as a comfort which of course resulted in me gaining a lot of weight. I was always around 120-130 pounds as an addict which was also unhealthy and I have no delusions about being able to be that weight again. But my body is starting to hurt, my esteem is in the gutter and I want to do something about it.

I have stopped drinking as I know this is a hindrance and am on 7 days of no alcohol. I have also stopped going out for fast food and deleted my delivery apps. I used to run cross country as a kid and so I tried to start running again but it is hard and hurts my knees. I am also trying to calorie count without letting my bad habits of yesteryear (disordered eating) reenter my life. I would so appreciate any advice on how to begin this journey safely and healthily. I want to feel good in my body and mind without using substance or food as a coping mechanism. If anyone has any YouTubers with at home fitness routines they recommend or books or anything I would really really appreciate it. I would also greatly appreciate any advice if anyone has gone through something similar. Thank you very much in advance.

submitted by /u/MerricatBlackwood6
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/LHKRibP

No comments:

Post a Comment