Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Lost 24 kg (55 lbs) as of today! I am not that happy because I still have to lose around 20 kg more and been battling with some health issues lately, but this seems like something!

I am a 26+ woman with hypothyroidism and PCOS, so weight has always been troublesome for me. At a point I gave up on myself and didn’t even see a doctor anymore. Then, last year I finally managed to see a doctor and found out that I weighed 104 kg (230 lbs). I couldn’t imagine that I have passed the threshold of 100 kg, but it was obvious as I already started having issues like sleep apnea and drooling while sleeping. My gynaecologist put me on metformin+inositol and asked me to lose weight asap.

I initially started the journey with keto as I have had success with it during my early 20s, but soon felt that I couldn’t eat my traditional foods and that sucked. So, I changed to a moderate carb (80-100g) diet with focus on protein. And, I subscribed to LoseIt to track my calories. I thought I would stop seeing weight loss after changing my diet, but the calories in/calories out thing did work for me.

As of now, I eat a moderate protein, moderate carb diet, sometimes I have a bit more carbs, all thanks to being diagnosed with gastritis in April. I have also found out that I have a fatty liver and a kidney cyst, weight loss is unavoidable at this point.

To date, I have lost weight through diet alone, but now it’s time to make my body work. So, from next week I have decided to join a gym, as it’s too hot to walk outside right now in my city. No progress pictures as I am still insecure about my body, and I like the anonymity.

Hoping to lose 15 more kgs (33 lbs) by the end of this year.

https://imgur.com/a/dd63S3j

submitted by /u/Affectionate_Ad5955
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/shgDRO4

No comments:

Post a Comment