Thursday, June 8, 2023

This has been my Chrome home button for years and I've only just noticed.

So, I was obviously well aware of this subreddit or else I'd have never set it as my home button. Infact, I even made a weight loss post here 3 years ago. At some point several years ago during one of my many weight loss cycles, I set this sub as my homepage for motivation, and then completely forgot about it after I'd lost the weight, and it's returned to me now in my biggest moment of need.

I'm someone who's very obsessive as an individual, especially when it comes to food. This does make dieting easier once I get my head in check, but then comes close to ruining my life when I start eating, because I can't escape the endless cycle of binging. After moving in with my fiancée(last July), I've completely let myself go, and been quite literally unable to lose any weight. It's just been upwards on the scale. And when I say upwards, I mean an Everest made of lbs. The weight has gone from 200 to 340 in the space of a year. The motivation, however obvious it may be(such as health problems etc), just hasn't been there.

That is until today, when I go to click on the address bar and accidentally knock my mouse, which hits the home button(that honestly I didn't even know was there, it's such a small button and while it may be next to refresh, I hit F5 to refresh). I discovered this sub again. I've spent since Monday dieting which is 4 days more dieting than I've done since last year, but my biggest concern was being unable to stick to it and keeping my head screwed on.

The re-discovery of this sub might just be the push I need to keep it screwed on this time and let me lose the weight again, and most importantly, not put it back on this time. This will be the 4th time(hopefully) that I've put a load of weight on and lost it, and now I'm at the ripe age of 28, eventually I think my body just won't 'snap back' as well as it used to. This has to be the end point.

I've rambled completely on this, but basically, the tl;dr of it is, thanks for existing and hopefully we can all reach our goals.

submitted by /u/Howsonnn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/LXy2AMa

No comments:

Post a Comment