Monday, July 15, 2019

4 months and 40 lbs down I'm still fat, but I'm ok with that.

Hello just wanted to give the journey I've been on the past 4 months and how it's already changed my life.

I am a 5'6" 30 year old male who started 4 months ago at 365lbs. I started out mainly because my long term girlfriend left me and I did some self reflection. During our 4 year relationship I went from 280 to my largest at 365. I noticed about a year ago she was getting less and less attracted to me, I'll leave the details to other subs since this is not about relationships. The main reason for me bringing this up is the fact that it got hard for her to continue to like me like she did because I was not taking care of myself at all. After our breakup I realized how far I went and it was a catalyst for me to get in shape although I'm sure I never want to date her again.

I started with diet. I cut out pop and really any drinks tht wasn't water. A little heavy handed but juice just made me want pop so I cut that out too. I started cooking every single meal I ate and I started intermittent fasting.

I started hanging out with friends, one of my friends suggested tae Kwon do, and because it was someone I was passively interested in I went. Now I would not suggest something like tkd for weight loss because the chance of injury is always there, I am lucky in the fact I did hockey for many many years strengthening my legs. I'm sure I would have hurt myself without my previous strength. I also at the same time started to go-to the gym everyday.

FYI big trick with going to the gym is just to go every day, no need to push yourself just make sure you go. If you're not feeling it that day, go on the elliptical for 5 min and call it a day.

When I started going to the gym my weight loss increased a lot. In the next 3 weeks I lost 15 lbs. Then it stabilised at about 2 lbs a week. About a month ago I stopped losing weight because of a binge I went on. I made some bad choices and cut my weight loss to nothing. I stayed at 334 for about 3 weeks, even though my binge ended after one week. Next two weeks I really watched my calories and couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing weight. Well it was a plateaux. I lost about 10 lbs in a week because the plateaux broke.

This brings me to today. Last three days I've weighed myself at between 322-326. This is tremendous and a weight I haven't seen for 2 years.

My point of this post is I've gone very far and the road has been hard. I am still very large and still have a long way to go, but now I know I can do it. I can make it, even if it doesn't come off as fast as I want it to. Slow, steady, persistence will make it come off very fast.

When I started I had a hard time getting in my truck. My clothes were too small and I was breathing heavy constantly. I was also suicidal.

Now I have no trouble getting in my truck, I don't breath hard unless I have been running, and I feel good about myself. Exercise is more than just weight loss. It can give you so much more mentally it's astonishing how much better I do at work and how much better I feel about myself.

Tldr: you can do it. Take the small victories and they add up. I have a long way to go but that's ok because I know for certain I'll get there.

submitted by /u/viserion152637489
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2jIFZlC

No comments:

Post a Comment