Monday, July 1, 2019

ADVICE for when you're working hard but still feel disgusting

Hi all:

I started my new lifestyle on Thursday, June 20. But I've been on this weight loss and gain rollercoaster for 20 years (I'm 35).

I've battled disordered eating since I was 15, and over the past decade, have gradually gained 100 lbs.

I had my "shit, I need to do something" moment on a plane recently, when the arm rest went down, but not completely all the way down, because the saddlebags on my thighs encroached upon it. I spent the five-hour flight thinking about if the person next to me noticed. And if they'd tell a friend or significant other about me after they landed, when asked how the flight was.

Anyway, I joined the gym and started Weight Watchers and I've been doing great with it. I understand the weight is going to take a while to come off (hopefully not a decade, LOL), but I'm really struggling with not feeling disgusting about myself, and how I let it get this far.

Any words of wisdom? Thanks in advance. And I have to say, I'm so glad I found this subreddit. I read it when I wake up and before dinner time, and it's really helping me.

submitted by /u/thisgirl1983
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Xm7Ier

No comments:

Post a Comment