Monday, July 15, 2019

Advice needed: How should my 70+ year-old mother-in-law lose weight?

I'm looking for help and guidance.

My MIL recently had a mini-stroke, and we learned from our FIL that she now weighs over 300 pounds. We are all extremely concerned about her health and wish for her to lose weight.

There's a problem. I love her to bits but she can be a bit stubborn, and has given my fiance a lot of excuses as to why she can't lose weight: no place to move around in, always tired, doesn't have many food options (read: she can be a picky eater).

We understand that at her age and condition, any weight loss must be monitored by a doctor. What I'm looking for from this community is advice on how we can help to encourage her, as well as any anecdotal evidence and before/after pictures of seniors from a similar situation or background who have successfully lost weight.

My plan is to print out any advice/pictures and send them to her. If you could reply as if you're replying to her, I would really appreciate it.

I want to thank everyone in advance for your help.

submitted by /u/sengatenga
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LSuW4R

No comments:

Post a Comment