Sunday, July 7, 2019

[Advice needed] Lost 70lb, but starting to develop binging habits, how to prevent full out binging?

Long-time lurker, and I did not post on my main account because friends and family know my reddit account and I would like to do my best to remain anonymous.

My starting stats are 20M 230lb 5'7. Since November of 2017 I've been losing weight through stages. Between November 2017 and March 2018 I changed my diet to only having two meals a day, which allowed me to eat whatever I want, but only within two meals, which severely cut down the calories, however, I still was not counting. I got down to 180 and I hovered there for about 9 months and from January 2019 to April 2019 I've lost another 20lb and I am at about 160lb. My goal is to reach 150lb before I can start a muscle growth training regimen instead of the muscle maintenance I am on now. During the past couple months, I have started using MFP after a lull of weight loss due to medical issues and I'm ready to get to my last 10. My current calorie goal for MFP is 1500kcal net, but I do a lot of cardio and weightlifting so I'm always closer to 1700-1800 every day I exercise.

The issue began mid May and I just had another episode today where I did not control my food intake after saying I give myself a pass. There have been 4 or 5 episodes like that since May, and I'm worried they're reversing my progress. This only happens when I go to a restaurant, or a wedding, or go to a special event where I tell myself "Oh one won't hurt" and next thing you know I'm eating 7 sushi rolls with two bowls of white rice with teriyaki chicken capped off with a bowl of ice cream. Biggest issue is I don't feel full until its too late, and I physically find it hard to stand up and its an effort to breath. This needs to stop, and what I'm looking for is that for anyone having any experience like this, what can I do to mitigate these events? I don't find it reasonable to just say miss out on all special events with friends and family for your weight loss journey because that means no longer living life to the fullest, which is what weight loss to me is about.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and I am genuiney graetful for any advice you can give me.

tldr: Lost weight on strict diet, recently started binging in social settings, how to stop?

submitted by /u/JohnsonDoer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XtiiQI

No comments:

Post a Comment