Thursday, July 18, 2019

Anyone elses family get more critical of other parts of your appearance after you lost weight?

So for a bit of background. I lost 55 pounds going from 238 to 183 in about 8 months. For the most part, feedback was positive and people were happy for me.

It steadied out around March and I bounced around 185-195 until last month. It's still a little shaky but I'm back on a slow but steady loss and am sitting at 180.

My family is all on the heavier side. None of them are huge but tend to hover around the 185-220 range (we're all in the 5'7-5'11 range)

They've all yoyo dieted as long as I can remember. Trying challenges, crash diets, and binging when they were over. Never lifestyle changes. It took me forever to break this habit and sadly I still put plenty back on, leading to these changes and loss.

I also hear a lot about "Oh our genetics keep us from losing weight, may as well work with what we have!" As they're wolfing down a third xl slice of pizza or a bucket of fried chicken.

Fast forward to now. The past month or so, I can't help but notice a change in attitude. My mother and sister seem to take every opportunity to pick and pluck at my looks in a show of "concern". My hair (gets a bit frizzy), my skin (I get breakouts every now and then), my teeth (straight but a bit less than a pristine white), anything they can think of that is even a possible flaw.

My sister said I looked like I was on meth. Like those words actually came out of her mouth. "Because all of those sores on your face". I had maybe 2-3 red pimples at the time. My mother then agreed.

And at every meal my mom is always pushing for me to eat more, saying I'm wasting away and that she's worried about me.

I could go on but it's rehashing more similar stories if I do.

Next paragraph is the end of my post and the TL;DR in one.

TL;DR I've definitely read stories of loved ones shutting down or just refusing to acknowledge the weight loss, does anyone elses family seem to be actively trying to find other ways to drag you back down to their perceived level? The sad part is, I don't think it's intentional.

submitted by /u/ThatsCatFood
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y1aMIq

No comments:

Post a Comment