Saturday, July 13, 2019

Extremely proud of my progress. Spent most of my life obese, fell into anorexia after extreme dieting and now...I’m HEALTHY and really freakin’ happy.

Hey Reddit,

I'm really proud of how far Ive come. My old mentor told me not to share my story because it’ll scare clients away. (I’m a personal trainer now!) So I ditched him and am sharing my story every place I can.

I've been unhealthy on both ends of the spectrum. For most of my life, I was overweight. But towards the end of high school I became close to obese. I started a weight loss journey after a doctor's appointment because I had always dreamed of being skinny.

But then I became obsessed. I had reached under my goal weight, but my body still wasn't perfect. My life became revolved around numbers - calories, weight, inches, etc. If I didn't burn 1,000 calories a day, I was a failure. If I ate anything "unclean," I cried the rest of the night about never being able to have the perfect body. I felt constantly weak, moody, depressed, and lost.

But nobody saw that on social media. I was just as unhealthy on both ends. The difference was, I was more socially accepted on the right. I was praised for how skinny I was. Constantly told I look so amazing and so much better than how I used to look. But I was suffering in both.

I'm neither at my highest or lowest weight right now. I'm at a healthy weight, I exercise because it makes me feel good, I eat healthy 80% of the time. Sometimes I drink too much. Sometimes I still freak out over what I'm eating. Sometimes I still emotionally eat.

But I'm living life now. I'm recovering and progressing every fucking day. I'm proud of my journey, because I've learned so much through the highs and the lows. The most important one: don't ever give up. 💚 progress pic

submitted by /u/redemptiverebecca
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2l6gkUa

No comments:

Post a Comment