Saturday, July 13, 2019

To those who are trying to lose weight, don't get discouraged if you haven't reached you goal yet. It took me 8 years to reach mine.

I've shared my weight loss story on here before, but I felt like sharing it again for those who are getting frustrated with the amount of time it may be taking to reach your goal.

I was 19 years old when I realized that I desperately needed to lose weight. At the time, I was around 215-220 lbs, a size 2x in shirts and a size 20W in pants. I HATED clothes shopping, was at risk of developing pre-diabetes and couldn't look at myself in the mirror because I hated what I saw. Something had to change or else my health and overall well being were in danger.

When I started, I looked at how much I was eating and when I was eating. I came to the conclusion that I was using food as a way to fight boredom and when I was feeling sad or emotional. So I started to not only change my diet, but started to change HOW I thought about food. I set rules for myself about when I could eat certain foods, what time I could eat and learned to resist the urge to eat when I was feeling bored (I'm still kind of working on this today).

Food wise, I severely reduced the amount of soda I drank and started drinking more water. I increased the amount of fruits and vegetables I ate during the day and reduced the amount of sugary foods and fast food I ate during the month. I also started walking more. What I didn't do was use any pills, surgery or special diets.

Fast forward to today. I'm 26, about to turn 27 in 2 weeks. I'm at 110 lbs, a size XS-S in shirts and can fit into a size 4 pair of shorts. I now only drink a soda once or twice a year, pay more attention to the calorie counts of food and don't use food as a comfort object or to cure my boredom. I like clothes shopping now because I have way more options to choose from now that I'm not restricted to the plus size section.

But the best change I've seen is my self confidence. I actually like the way I look now and now when I look in the mirror, I LOVE what I see. In fact, I sometimes can't believe that I have a figure now when I look in the mirror. I hope my weight loss story motivates and inspires someone to make changes in their own life, even if it's just to lose 5 pounds.

submitted by /u/KatKat23421
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JxISjm

No comments:

Post a Comment