Saturday, July 13, 2019

Am I doing this whole weight loss thing wrong? I am really lost on a HEALTHY approach! 19F & 5'8, SW: 172, CW:167, GW: 146

Some backstory: I was around 155 (about 5 pounds heavier than my senior year of high school) for most of my freshman year at university. In the springtime, I got so busy that I didn't have time to workout, and I just started eating very poorly. Think soda every day and only the greasiest cafeteria food. I was probably eating upwards of 3500 calories every day. In a span of 2 months, I gained 20 pounds (i was up to like 177 at one point). I had never been skinny skinny, but going from an healthy to overweight was tough on my psyche. So I decided to make a change but it took me a while to finally start because I had become lazy and insecure (in the gym) about myself! So I started on Monday!

So now to what I am currently doing:
I typically burn around 3000-3300 calories a day (according to my fitbit--BMR, daily activity, and exercise), and I eat around 1000-1250 calories a day which is tracked in an app. I exercise 6 days a week, I lift 5 days a week and do cardio at least 4 days a week. Lifting consists of arm day, leg day, total body day twice; cardio is hard elliptical or HIIT on treadmill. I take one rest day in the middle of the week. Sometimes I split up my gym time and go once in morning and once in evening.

Losing weight this fast (5 pounds in a week) has always been something I was able to do in high school and even last summer for specific events or sporting competitions, but I don't know if it is like that anymore! I noticed these horrible blue veins on my breasts last night, so I looked it up and it said a potential reason is "rapid weight loss". They were diminished this morning, but I am still a bit nervous! Am I being unhealthy here? What do you suggest I change? Please help! I don't want to get loose skin or saggy breasts!

submitted by /u/studybuddy8021
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xPp2ck

No comments:

Post a Comment