Thursday, July 4, 2019

Frustrated with weight fluctuations

Hey all,

I'm several months into my weight loss journey, and so far I've made pretty good progress! I've lost about 15 pounds so far, with about 60 pounds to go before hitting my target weight.

One thing that I've noticed is that my weight fluctuates from day to day, usually within the range of 1-3 pounds. However, sometimes I'll fluctuate within a range of about 5 pounds within a one week period.

Sometimes this is a little bit confusing or demoralizing. While I'd normally chalk this up to changes in water weight / muscle mass / food in my digestive system, it is a bit puzzling at times to see a dramatic delta come up now and again. Recently, I got all the way down to 236, and within several days shot back up to 240.

I was curious as to whether other people are having similar experiences, and whether there's anything I can do to slow the uptick. I'm trying my best to stay active and maintain my calorie counts, but admittedly sometimes I take advantage of cheat days. Often I feel disheartened to see my body weight climb up again days after.

submitted by /u/DeadSuperHero
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Yxrz6P

No comments:

Post a Comment