Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Help me win $300 through work

Hi all! A bit of background and some questions for you all at the end.

This lines up perfectly with the weight loss challenge at my work.

In January-April we had the first weight loss challenge at work. I was at my heaviest ever of 196 lbs (23 m, 5’10 so like a 32” waist -> 34/36”. The goal was to lose 7% of my body weight for a prize of $150. Using better eating and cardio I was able to hit exactly 182 in the final week. Woohoo! Since then I’ve climbed back up a bit but maintained 185ish. June and July have 2 big birthday parties and a few holidays for my family. Wish I kept those habits up a bit better but summer fun oh well.

Now is round 2 at work, today until October 15 to lose again. I thought I was being sneaky by “bulking” a little bit this week for the weigh in. To my surprise they are using my end weight from round 1! So now I have to get back down to 182 (187 right now) before anything starts to count. Serves me right!

Here are the goals for this challenge:

3% of 182 ( 176 ) $100

5% of 182 ( 173 ) $200

7% of 182 ( 179 ) $300

Goals and Plans I plan to resume my IF 16/8 which lines up really nicely with my work schedule.

I plan to begin running again with a goal of running a 5K in October

I plan to increase how often I play golf, and always walk to course. I will keep track of my scores here too haha. I suck right now

I would like to learn more about lifting because I have 0 experience with that.

Big Questions Can I begin to add muscle mass through lifting and lose this weight at the same time?

Has anyone experimented or had good results with replacing one meal with some sort of replacement shake? Any brand recommendations? NOT A LIQUID DIET. I will still eat solid food. Maybe just a ~250 calorie shake for lunch then a good dinner and snacks?

How should I begin from scratch to train for a 5K. I can comfortably run a 10 min mile for roughly 2 miles right now.

How much/ should I spend on a personal trainer?

Anyone in Eastern CT in their early 20s ish DM me and maybe we can work on some of this together!

submitted by /u/BahbZmuda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LXR6CO

No comments:

Post a Comment