Wednesday, July 17, 2019

It helps to be really honest with yourself...

Don't round up... or down.

The number of times I tell myself, and others, that I've lost a stone... when in reality it's only 11 pounds lets say... is countless.

The flip side of this is, you tend to round down too.... "Oh, i've still only lost a stone" despite having lost more.

I'm easily disheartened when it comes to weight loss, and have just caught myself doing exactly this.

"I'm exactly the same weight I was 2 weeks ago!"

Fortunately I log my weight... and realise i'm 6 pounds down.

If you hop on the scales and see any difference ... it's substantial, and not to be trivialised with this lazy approach to maths.

Keep a record of your weight, and keep checking back to it. I start with great enthusiasm that starts tapering off and then start doing everything in my head and falling into these little traps.

Staying on top of it and being honest to yourself about your progress will stop these pitfalls i've fallen into a lot.

It was honestly the difference between me having a breakfast that, alone, would take me over my calorie limit for the day ... and just a banana.

Perhaps it helps someone else also.

submitted by /u/MintPolo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NYGpmh

No comments:

Post a Comment